We are definitely looking forward to our next Eureka! Honor Society meeting on Saturday, November 11 when we will hear from a special guest speaker, Rachel Owen.
Rachel Owen is the oldest of four kids and was homeschooled from kindergarten through 12th grade, during which time she attended Live Oak Academy. After graduation, she earned a partial athletic scholarship at UCLA and majored in Psychology. Although she was long planning on getting her master’s degree in nursing, Rachel felt called to join staff with a branch of Cru (Campus Crusade for Christ) called Athletes in Action (AIA). Rachel is now a full-time missionary with AIA at UC Berkeley, where she is discipling college student-athletes and helping them understand the power of their sport as a platform to share the gospel.
We look forward to Rachel sharing about her journey to and through the UC system as a Christian homeschooler, as well as her experiences as a student athlete. Additionally, we have asked Rachel to share a few details about her path to the Athletes in Action ministry, and about her ministry in general. Come hear about the work of the Lord that is bearing fruit on the UC campuses!
Here are the details:
- WHEN: Saturday, November 11, 7:00 PM
- WHERE: Home of Melissa Lemaignen, 2266 Farmcrest St, Milpitas 95035
- WHAT: Excellent opportunity to hear from a homeschool grad/UC grad with a heart for the Lord and a passion for ministry!
- BRING: A small refreshment item to share; $5 donation per family if you are not officially a member of Eureka! And, bring questions you’d like to ask Rachel.
- RSVP: Denise Boiko, firstname.lastname@example.org or (408)375-5189 by November 8. Members will have priority until November 1. Limit: approximately 24 so be sure to RSVP soon.
Denise Boiko and Kathy Young