For homeschooling Dad, Mom, and Middle School or High School Student
$110.00 per family
Early Bird Registration – $90.00 if received before Feb 9
Limited to 40 people, first come – first served
Be able to walk away with a complete High School plan, step into that task and finish it well!
The program includes:
1. Philosophy of Education – WHY do we do what we do?
2. Five Components of the Educational Process for High School
– WHEN and HOW do we apply which process – each step of the way?
3. Long Term Goal setting and the Individual High School Mission/Vision
– WHO are they and WHERE are they headed?
4. Setting Direction and Specific Objectives – WHAT specifically do they need to accomplish to get there?
5. Planning the Structure – HOW do we plan to structure the process?
6. Implementation and Follow through – WHERE do we need to make adjustments, corrections, improvements and HOW do we make changes?
7. Dealing with the “Glitches” – WHAT about when things don’t work out the way we thought they would?
8. Preparing the Paperwork for the “Next Step” – HOW do we show the world what has been accomplished?
Sessions are experiential, interactive and productive – participants who fully engage in the process will be able to walk away with a good, complete high school plan. Parents and their students are encouraged to work through the material together as we discuss it.
Students should plan to come, think, and share ideas.
The whole process takes about 3 hours, and Mrs. Efting will be available for about an hour more afterward for questions and “fine tuning”. We will start promptly at 9:00 am, with a sign-in coffee time at 8:30, and end by 1:00 pm. Mrs. Efting will be available to answer questions and help anyone work out specific issues until about 2:00 pm.
Saturday, February 17, 2018, from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Calvary Chapel, 1175 Hillsdale Avenue, San Jose
Meeting will be in the Café
Register with Gail K Efting at mailto:BALMInstitute@gmail.com