- 8 weeks starting in September – Class 1
- 8 weeks starting in January – Class 1
- Mentor/Teacher: Bernadette Ashby
- Course Length: Each class starts in Sept. and January. Only needs to attend 1 Quarter but can repeat the course. Runs approximately 8-10 weeks.
- Type of Class: Group Class at HEART, minimum # of students: 5
- Questions: email@example.com
- Recommendations: High School
- Class Fee: $70/month with min. 5+ students, payable to Bernadette Ashby; $95/month under 5 students
- Lab Fee: Investment for start up business costs
If you can train a person to be an entrepreneur, you can train them to do anything. This course will cover 8 different core concepts related to the mindset of an entrepreneur: power of choice, recognizing opportunity, ideas into action, pursuit of knowledge, creating wealth, building your brand, creating community, power of persistence. We will be studying the life of Uncle Cleve – an unlikely entrepreneur who owned an Ice House in the South during the Depression. The Ice House Discovery Process uses problem-based, experiential learning through self-directed and peer-to-peer learning. This is a Student Success course that inspires and engages students with the perseverance and determination of an entrepreneurial mindset needed to succeed academically and in life. Course content will include setting up a start up business as a final project.
Required Books: The Teen Entrepreneur – Dave Ramsey, please consult with the instructor before purchasing materials. Other TBD
Bio of Instructor: Bernadette Ashby is a successful serial entrepreneur. She has a MA in Education with a California Teaching Credential from San Jose State University. In addition, she has a MA in Religion from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. She is a veteran homeschool mom committed to passing on the entrepreneurial mindset to the next generation of Christian families.