Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
in the Neighborhood
San Jose Bay Area
Location: Green Valley Christian Church, 390 Ridge Vista Ave, San Jose, CA95127
Date/Time: Saturday, July 24, 8:30 am – 2:00 pm
Contact: Dena Bless firstname.lastname@example.org
Help for Your Homeschooling Journey
🗸 Are you planning to homeschool this coming year? Thinking about it?
🗸 Need some encouragement?
🗸 Looking for support or information as you continue your journey?
We can help!
- A one-day event for the Greater Bay Area, featuring workshops, an exhibit hall,
- GIVEAWAYS throughout the day (must be present to win),
- Information about homeschool groups in the area, a used curriculum sale, and a chance to ask questions, including a Homeschool Help Booth, and fellowship with other homeschool parents.
8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- There will be a set of workshops for those new to or exploring homeschooling.
- There will also be some subject specific workshops for those at different places in their homeschooling journey. For everyone at any point of their journey, there will be some sessions about various aspects of family life and homeschooling. There will also be several exhibitor workshops available.
- The projected schedule will be (with 3 or 4 workshops at each session time):
- 8:30 – 8:55 a.m. Welcome/Introduction and Devotional
- 9:00 – 9:45 a.m. Session 1
- 15-minute break
- 10:00 – 10:45 a.m. Session 2
- 15-minute break
- 11:00 – 11:45 a.m. Session 3
- 30-minute lunch break
- 12:15 – 1:00 p.m. Session 4
9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
The Exhibit Hall will be open 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. so everyone has an extra hour to shop after the last session. Due to space limitations, we will not be able to allow rolling carts/suitcases or strollers in the Exhibit Hall.
We are also scheduling 25-minute Exhibitor Workshops on the hour and half-hour, beginning at 9:00 a.m., with the final session starting at 12:30 p.m. Several of our exhibitors are contributing items for free GIVEAWAYS throughout the day (must be present to win)!
Free Homeschooling Consultations
Included with registration, attendees may sign up for a 20-minute consulting session with an experienced homeschool mom in English or Spanish.
We have a limited number of openings, available on a first-come, first-served basis, so if you are interested, please note it on your online registration. Whether you are just beginning your homeschool journey and have questions about getting started, or are preparing to graduate your teens, or are anywhere in between, we have someone who can help.
With your online registration, there will be an opportunity to preorder a box lunch from Togo’s (entrée, chips, cookie, and small water) for $13. You are also welcome to bring your own lunch.
Used Curriculum Sale
10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
There are a limited number of slots available for those who would like to bless other families by selling some of their used curricula at a reduced rate. It will be open from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. If you would like to participate as a seller, please select that on your registration form and sign up before July 17th.
We only have 10-12 spots available so first-come, first-served. Sellers and shoppers must be registered for the event to participate. Please bring your used curriculum, a 6 ft table, and cash in small bills.
If you have any questions, email Crissi Allen at email@example.com.
Facebook Community Page
You are invited to a Facebook Community Group for extra connections and social interactions before, during, and after the event. Being involved with a group gives you a fun opportunity to meet the vendors and speakers and fellow homeschoolers. Contests and prizes are a bonus! Check out the page, CHEA In The Neighborhood: Bay Area San Jose.
General Registration will open this week. CHEA Members may attend for free.
- The non-member price is $10 per family. For more information on the benefits and options for membership (starting at just $35!), visit CHEA’s membership pag
- Children attend free with a registered adult. (Children are welcome, but there isn’t a children’s program or childcare, so you will need to keep them with you at all times and the priority for seating for sessions will be for adults.)
- ONLY FOR THOSE WHO ATTEND IN PERSON: Many of the sessions will be recorded, and only attendees will be given a link to access those recordings, so now if there are two sessions that you wish to see that are scheduled at the same time, you can go to one and watch the other later!
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED (AND FREE REGISTRATION AVAILABLE): We need volunteers in various areas throughout the day. If you would be willing to help for at least two hours during the day, please contact Crissi Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up with her and then you may register for free also (if not already free as a CHEA member).